Wednesday, January 09, 2008

It's a Mac thing

The moment anybody asks me what should i buy? a 'mac' or a 'PC' i find myself automatically saying 'mac'. Do u even have to ask?....
If its a geeky person i would start ranting about how mac has no viruses, how its built to last, how its unix based operating system is much more stable and how it is a OS without security loop holes... yada yada. And i can give a pretty good narration of how elegantly designed a mac is with all its simple to do interfaces for the non techie person.
Recently i got in to a pretty intense conversation with one of my friends who had recently got a lap top for a third of a price of a mac. Here is part of our conversation

friend: "You know i can buy 3 laptops for the price of a mac book"
me : " Yeah that's ure 2nd laptop in 2 years a mac easily lasts for 5 years"

friend: "The new windows vista is so cool"
me: " Dude it's just a bad copy of the mac OS"

friend:"browsing with the new ie 7 is so much better"
me: " Just wait till it installs a stupid active x that's going to load up your computer with viruses"

friend: " But u just cant install all third party apps in a mac"
me: " didn't u know there is 'boot camp ' a software that enables to run windows on a mac"

................................................... so after many such flared up dialogues one Sunday evening(after finishing up all my laundries) i found myself wondering...why do i like a mac so much?.
Which eventually led me to the mac store where i saw the new i-books, after fiddling around with it for about half an hour i cannot pin point and say this is the "one" thing that makes a mac more desirable. Say it be the little pop up animation that comes when u maximize ure windows or the way ure picture collection swivels around or the instant boot up...when u open the lid ....the mac just does things in a better way. Isn't that what every one wants to do all the time. "To do things in a better way".
Next day someone at work asked me " why do you think i should buy a mac?" ...before my artisitic and logical side could take over i found myself smiling and said "Coz Its a Mac".

If u are still asking why ...."Its just a mac thing" .......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.