Saturday, June 11, 2011

Snapshot


I think we all treasure different moments in our life. Taking a photograph is one of our desperate attempts to lock that moment of presence permanently. We also very fondly remember when we look back at stuff, though we might not have thought about it much when it actually happened. Anyway here is some recollection of things that made me smile and i wish i had taken a 'Snap Shot'.
Location : My Apartment , Tulsa Oklahoma, USA.
Characters : Me, Mom , Dad and my brother.
Situation : My parents had come from india to visit me. There 3 month trip was over and they where going to catch a plane the next day morning. We where finalizing the luggages , travel documents etc. After a busy conversation i had just excused myself for the restroom , and when i got back

Dad : 'All luggages are packed and i have checked the tickets and timings we should be good'
Brother : 'Check my flight timings too , you have to drop me at the airport also after mom and dad leaves'.
Mom : ' Where did you disappear suddenly i started missing you already' - :) Snap shot
--------
Location : Ciaos Restaurant on the beautiful cherry street in Tulsa .
Characters: Me and my salsa buddies
Situation : 'Salsabor' a live salsa band tulsa was playing and we were dancing our hearts out with little conversations in between to catch a breather.

Me : Hey did you know that the owner of ciaos was arrested for selling Marijuana.
Kari : Really?
Me : Yes, it seems like whenever a live band plays its kind of a incognito sign of letting others know that the 'weed' would be available today.
Kari : Wow are you sure?
Me: Yes i read it in the daily Oklahoman , it has to be true .
Kari: I cant believe it this is such a nice place. who would have thought.
Me: right , apparently the band members are involved too.
Kari: huh... Un believable.
Me: Oh come on .... Kari cant you tell i was lying ... of course its not true. You know what you are so 'gullible'.
Kari : Im not gullible im just 'Trustworthy'. :) snapshot.

----------

Location: Bangalore , HSBC Cafeteria
Characters: Me and my pal Suraj.
Situation: I was explaining Suraj how i got my pizza bill mixed up with my electricity bill . The funny thing was my usual pizza bill for one pizza comes to Rs.450 and my monthly electricity bill comes out be about the same amount too. And its my apartments security guard who pays my electricity bill. So very brilliantly i had given my pizza bill with the money to the security guard and had asked him to pay my electricity charges for the month.

Me : It was really embarrassing da , to have given my pizza bill thinking that was my electricity bill.
suraj: It is quite hilarious.
Me: You know these days my job makes me so disconnected i dont know whats going on in the outer world
Suraj: True .
Me: I stil cant understand how the cost of one pizza and my monthly electricity bill can be the same.
Suraj: Thats what the software industry has done to india da, you have these fancy foods that costs you much but our basic amenities are still cheaper because they are subsidized by our government
Me: I can see that , so why are we working in this industry where you constantly live inside a bubble ?
Suraj : what else .... to eat pizza man ... :) snap shot.





1 comment:

. said...

ah sir, this made me laugh.
thank you :)